the big day || moving 2.0

the view from my new place. hobart || tasmania


I'm moving, again. This time not half way across Australia, only half way across Hobart. And whilst I was packing up my things again I got to thinking, six months ago I moved with an intention of moving in, settling down, finishing university and getting a job in whatever writing profession I could. But my thoughts have changed, and sure I still want to stay in Tasmania (who wouldn't, it's lovely down here), but the way that I wanted to do things has changed. My entire set of aspirations have shifted, ever so slightly, but anyone who knew me six months has seen that change and has seen me become who I am today.

For about a month and a half there's been a nagging feeling in my head telling me that I had to move out of the student accommodation. It was nice whilst it lasted but it became utterly apparent that the place was too small, and the amenities were terrible and I simply couldn't be there anymore. Two days before I started thinking this I had a job interview, a promising job interview and I couldn't be happier. But the job was in Hobart CBD and I lived a little away from that. No matter, I was determined to take the job. Then, as I was scrolling through Facebook, a miracle appeared in the sign of a 'For Rent' post. I checked the place out, fell ever so slightly in love with it and said then and there that I could, hopefully, move in as soon as they needed me. And now here I am. Living in an actual home with an actual kitchen and an actual bedroom (that's double the size of the one in student accommodation).

Six months ago I was a little bit broken. I was in the stage of healing where you're still upset over things and the way that people had treated you. I was in the stage of grief where you still shed tears for the hurt and pain that happened. Six months ago I couldn't have imagined where I would be right now. I couldn't have imagined that I was living in a house, I couldn't imagine that I would have a boyfriend and I couldn't imagine that I would have my group of friends. As crazy as that group of friends is I wouldn't be where I am today without those weirdo's. I wouldn't be where I am today without the people that have stayed behind me and helped propped me up when the going got tough. Six months ago? None of this came to mind. But I'm so glad that it happened.

Chloe, xo.

Comments

  1. How is life now in Hobart? You must be happy now there. We love to get back to this beautiful island again. Keep sharing with the community how you are feeling and doing over there mate! Like you some years ago, we decided to make a career change, establishing our own travel agency (http://www.redcranetravel.com/tours/family-holidays) and we do not regret it now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts