What Makes You Happy?

You can look up on Google: how to be happy and there are a multitude of different responses. Some people say that happiness is one of the simplest things in life, others seem to struggle with it and if you were to ask someone to define happiness no two people would give you the same answer. And that's a good thing. Because happiness is something for an individual to enjoy, everyone can be happy as a collective whole but individual happiness within yourself and your life is the most precious.

Personally when I think of what makes me happy there are plentiful things that spring to mind; having friends that support me, being able to support myself in life, loving myself, travelling the world, change people's lives, have a life that matters and visit every continent. They are just the tip of the iceberg, that is nowhere near all I want to do but the list is way too long to share on here. I'd be here all day trying to type it up and I am nowhere near finishing that list so I'll just stop there. I have to admit that happiness can be hard to achieve but there are so many things that you can do to achieve the happiness. Here is just a little list that I've compiled to make you happier, one step at a time. I'm not saying that these steps will give you instantaneous happiness but if they've helped me maybe they'll help you.
(Sourced from Positively Peggy)

1. Look up from social media.
I am sure that you have heard ten million and one times a week that social media can be a serious mood killer. And I'll be totally honest here, I do spend too much time on social media sometimes. The apps on my phone are the "basic" social media accounts and I am known to be sitting on those accounts for god knows how long but sometimes a break can be a really good thing. Just for a moment take a step back and look up, see the little wonders in the world and see the things that you can't see in a phone/computer screen. It's nice hey?


(If you don't look up you miss some wonderful sights)

2. If you enjoy something then don't hold back. If you enjoy something and it makes you happy then go and buy thirty of it. Print it on t-shirts or print it out in a large copy and put it somewhere you'll see it everyday. Draw it in different colours and photograph it, collect things that remind you of it and just smile because you have found something that is yours. If people judge you for it then obviously they aren't worth a moment of your time.

3. Remove negativity. Before anything is said yes, I know already. Negativity can be hard to remove from your life but you can do it. Just take small steps towards "detoxing" the negativity. For example you can remove the toxic people from your life who bring you down which makes you feel so much better about yourself. Just take small steps to removing it and you'll feel better for it.

4. Music was made to be enjoyed. Take a moment to listen. Music was made for every sort of reason: rap to energise, pop to cheer you up, indie music to think and slow songs to feel emotion. It's natural to feel all these sorts of emotions and sometimes it's impossible to not to listen to music. Release all those emotions through music if you want. Dance around your room, workout to it, cry to it. It's healthy, promise.

5. If you need to get something off your chest then do it. I am sure that someone will sympathise with you if need be or just give you a shoulder to cry on. There is always going to be someone there that you can talk to. Even when you feel like the world is against you a trusted friend/teacher/parent/carer will be there to listen to you. It's unhealthy to bottle up all of your emotions and just wait for them to explode, it destroys you and everything inside you which ends up making you feel kind of horrible.

6. Your body is a temple. Put the good stuff in and get the good stuff out. Eat junk all day and you'll feel terrible about yourself but eat nice foods and you'll feel better. Remember small changes over time accumulate.

So there's some things that make me feel better about myself and I hope that you can use them yourselves to make your happiness bigger.


What makes YOU happy?


Chloe, xo.

Comments

Popular Posts