A Court of Thorns and Roses & A Court of Mist and Fury || book review

the covers for these series are so beautiful!


Double book review because I am one of the slackest people on the earth and completely forgot to write a review for these when they originally came out. However I have four other chances to be on time with my reviews for this series!! There may be some tiny spoilers if you haven't read the books so read ahead at your own peril.

A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Release: May 5th 2015
Pages: 416
Rating: 4/5
So I'm going to kick off this review with the first book in the "A Court of Thorns and Roses" series. "She stole a life. Now she must pay with her heart." Now before reading that one little line printed on the top part of the book I was hooked already (the covers are gorgeous). By the time I had finished reading that line I was halfway to the counter fumbling with my credit card. This book is a perfect balance of bringing light to an old classic (Beauty and the Beast) whilst ensuring that there is enough fresh and new content to keep a reader coming back for more. Feyre is badass and she is (thank the heavens above) a strong female lead that has been so lacking from some fiction recently. There is one small complaint that I have about it though, everything seemed to come so easily to her once she is in Tamlin's home. Most things that she wanted nay needed basically fell into her lap wrapped in a pretty little bow. I will say, whoa there are some scenes that get hot and heavy under the collar. This book definitely carves a direction in an older YA fantasy/romance genre that I honestly don't think has been carved before.

A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Release: May 3rd 2016
Pages: 640
Rating: 4.5/5
I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal. 
I was a survivor, and I was strong.
I pre-ordered this book, I was waiting for it so desperately after the ending of the first that I couldn't wait. The day that it arrived I dropped everything and started reading. Now A Court of Mist and Fury was so set following the emotional journey of Feyre that I felt her pain through the book. I don't want to give a whole heap away because this book is an experience that everyone must experience however I will say one, I expected her love interest to shift in the way it did. As she grows so to must the people around her. Two the wedding had me on the absolute edge of my seat, as did consequential scenes in all the other "realms/seasons" of the lands. From Rhysand's realm, because don't forget that he's got her for one week a month, to the Summer Court and everything in between was so beautiful. Everything is so beautiful. Maas really stepped up her game for this book, she ironed out a few plot points I was worried about from the first book and made sure that by the end of the second book I was ready to hurl it across the room in sheer murderous rage at (most) people in it. Definitely on the must-read 2016 list.

Chloe, xo.

Comments

Popular Posts