lush favourites || beauty

Over the past few, and long, months I've made the switch to buy more ethically, and simply be more healthy with myself. I do most of my shopping at the farmer's markets on a Sunday morning, always bring reusable bags to the supermarket and have started on yoga each morning (or night depending on my busy schedule.) Which brings me to Lush, now I've been a long time buyer of all things Lush but recently that's ramped up. I use their shampoo's and conditioners, body wash and bath bombs, face masks, exfoliators, dusting powders, moisturisers, I mean get where I'm going with this? Exactly. So I thought I would share my Lush favourites, tell you what worked and what didn't and have a good conversation about the lovely company.


1. Jersey Bounce Shampoo - $27.50 for 300g
Jersey Bounce is my staple shampoo, the tub seems pricey but I wash my hair twice a week and it lasts me for at least a month or two. Now I'm not going to say much more on it since I've already written about Jersey Bounce on another post but let me tell you, it is such a nice shampoo and I always get compliments on how lovely my hair smells.



2. Rose Jam Shower Gel - $32.95 for 500g
Rose Jam is my everyday scent. Unless I'm washing myself with Snow Fairy (which is another entire scent we'll get to in a moment) I use Rose Jam. The shower gels at Lush have a thicker consistency which equals to a thicker lather and if you're putting them in your bath it equals more bubbles. Rose Jam is such a nice scent and it can be subtle which is a win-win.

3. Brazened Honey Face Mask - $13.95 for 60g
I recently got this face mask as a trade in for my five empty pots and holy wow is it good. This mask probably isn't great for anyone with super sensitive skin as it is probably the harshest of the Lush masks. I have combination skin and depending on the weather (and my stress levels) it can get oily. My stress has been through the roof recently which meant breakouts galore, using this face mask was (and is) a life-saver. I only use it twice a week since it is a little more harsh on the skin and the best way I've found to use it is have a wet face, apply the mask and then add a little more water to it, this is to loosen up all the scrubby almond bits in it and simply to make sure the mask doesn't get too tight on your skin. One negative thing I will say for this mask is that it really doesn't smell awesome, but it does the job which is all I need.



4. Snow Fairy Shower Gel, Snow Fair Body Conditioner & Fairy Dust - $31.50 for 500g, $32.95 for 225g & $11.95 for 70g
These are all being lumped into one since they're of the same scent and the same Christmas collection. The shower gel is an old favourite for me and I'm glad it's this time of the year again, the body conditioner, to my knowledge, is new this year and it feels so nice. I've never used the body conditioners before but I will be buying Christingle and Snow Fairy body conditioners in excess before they go out of stores this season. The body conditioner is used in the shower as an extra level of moisture and boy oh boy is it moisturising. Then of course the fairy dust which I've touched on in a previous post, it leaves a light shimmer on your skin and of course the divine snow fairy scent lingering all day.


5. American Cream Conditioner - $34.50 for 500g
After using the Retread Conditioner for a little while I felt it was too heavy to use on my hair every time I washed so I moved to the lesser strength of American Cream and oh man is this heaven in a bottle. Honestly American Cream is a godsend, smells amazing, makes my hair smell like vanilla and gives just the right amount of condition. My one and only complaint about this conditioner is that I have to use more than other normal conditioners because it isn't particularly thick which is a shame because with how expensive the bottle is (for me) I don't want to use too much. On the plus side I've had it for two-ish weeks and have barely used a quarter of the bottle.

Those are, I think, my Lush favourites for now. Leave your favourites in the comments, or your opinions on these products in the comments and I'll see you on Sunday.

Chloe, xo.

Comments

Popular Posts